Monday, 12 July 2010

Monsters Of Men - Patrick Ness

Just as a warning...Monsters Of Men is the third book in the Chaos Walking series so there may be spoilers in this if you cared....




OH MY GOD. If you have actually wade yourself through the older posts, you would know that I, like others, am a HUGE fan of the Chaos Walking series and of Patrick Ness in general. I loved the two books before, The Knife of Never Letting Go and The Ask and The Answer. 
Those were amazing books...this is even more amazing....

First Sentence: "War," says Mayor Prentiss, his eyes glinting. "At last."

Todd and Viola are in New Prentisstown where the Spackle, the army,  the new settlers and the Answer have arrived all at the same time for battle and the only one who can save it is the Mayor....unfortunately. This book is about what happens in the end and how and most important if a) the war finally ends and b) WILL VIOLA AND TODD FINALLY KISS!
I have been waiting 2 long thick books for this....they better.

The book for me has everything a book could want. Love, Romance, War, Violence, Fantasy....it's just a great book. Everyone that's read it has said. It finally draws up conclusions to the mysteries that have been around since book 1 and we finally find out what was said in Todd's Ma's book. Well...it is obvious!
And the ending....was absolutely amazing. Such a good ending.
AND...if that isn't enough...guess what? I'm meeting Patrick Ness! I was on his website looking at something and saw that he was doing a book signing at Foyles, Charing Cross next Thursday and got places for me and 3 of my friends!
There will be, for anyone interested, him, Mary Hooper (!!!!), Anne Fine, Melvin Burgess, Bali Ali, Jenny Valentine and probably other people....I AM SO EXCITED!

Here is also a Monsters of Men trailer which I thought was really good. Enjoy.
Author's Website: www.patrickness.com/

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS BOOK!
    Oh my god. I didn't no that they were doing that. I wonder if there's any places left?
    Thanks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the books ages ago when I was like 13 myself and it was the books that got me seriously into reading and ever since I don't think there has ever been a book to top this (there have been close ones, but never close enough). And because I was so young I don't think I really appreciated it enough, therefore, I'm gonna read them again once I've finished reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I seriously can't wait. Best series ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand what you're saying. There are quite a few books where I don't think I appreciated and enjoyed them as much because of my age and naivety such as Speak by Laurie Halse Andersen.
      This time, you'll enjoy it even more for sure. Well, if you're reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, I'm pretty sure you'll love and understand completely and appreciate the magic of this series - totally agree.

      Delete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*