Tuesday, 7 June 2011

Tuesday Top Ten: Settings (#11)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish

NOTE: I shall be doing between 5-7 instead of 10 because they may look easy but these memes are actually quite hard to think about and remember. Also, with the other things happening in my life at the moment (yes I have one full of revision), I simply won't have the time. But I love doing these so they are happening still, just reduced.

This week's theme is Top Favourite Bookish Settings

1. Colby from Along for the Ride, Last Chance - Sarah Dessen - This is my ideal beach place. I'm not much of a beachy person but this sounds like the place I would go to shall I get the chance. However, it is not real, sadly. Well, I don't think anyway. I can imagine going to the Last Chance cafe, going on the beach, staying in a beach house. Going to Clementines, Laundromat...ah.

2. Lakeview from The Truth About Forever, Just Listen - Sarah Dessen - Let's just say that Sarah Dessen makes the best places? Agreed? This seems like a suburb and I live in a suburb and it isn't as nice as this sounds. This sounds like everything happens there! Why not in my own suburb!?

3. Pemberley from Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen - I want to live here. End of.

4. Alternate London (old fashioned but set in the 21st Century) from Shadow Web - N.M.Browne - I prefer this to real London to be honest, but without the bombings. But I guess we get that here. I would love to be still in the old fashioned era for clothes and conduct but modern in the year and technology. I don't know why but a world like that sounds appealing and great. 

5. 1582 from The Other Countess - Eve Edwards - I want to live in this era. This is the one era I would love to go back to. I am doing this era for my A Level History so YAY.

3 comments:

  1. The settings in Jane Austen's time were just so lovely, weren't they? I especially liked the sound of Northanger Abbey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie @ Boooks Are A Girl's Best Friend10 June 2011 at 21:24

    Can I come and visit you in Pemberley ;) ? I've been watching the two P and P films this week whilst I've been ill off school. Watching Jane Austen films and Mr Darcy made me feel better straight away :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trish: I know, they're all places I want to live in.

    Stephanie: hahah sure thing. I have this thing whenever I go around big country houses on the National Trust that I am going to marry some rich guy who knows the Royal Family and have a big house like Pemberley in the country, an apartment in New York, a house in Berlin...among other places.

    Oooh, good choice! I'm on study leave at the moment so I'm at home a lot and I watched the Keira Knightley P&P. I love that film because of Darcy :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*