Monday, 13 June 2011

A-Z Authors - K

I found out about this through Phanee from funny wool and is hosted by Heather at Proud Book NerdI thought it looked quite fun so this month, I shall be doing a post every day (except Sundays) where I shall tell you about amazing authors that have surnames beginning with that letter. I hope you enjoy and tell me if you know any more with that letter and I'll add it to the post! Thanks.
NOTE: As I am doing my exams at the moment, I may miss days so shall combine letter together, I'll say if I do in the title - Thanks.
Here we go....

*You know, K is so hard...

K

Judith Kerr

I read 'When Hitler Stole my Pink Rabbit' quite a few years ago so I don't really remember what it was like, what it was about etc. All I remember is I enjoyed it a lot especially as it was about a hard hitting subject that not many young children understand or know already. I think I sensed that Nazi Germany was wrong but didn't quite understand how and why until I learned all about it for History two years ago. I think it's amazing that she can do this and make children understand that it is wrong but not be gruesome or pretentious. I liked that. And I think I am going to try and find this again at my library and read it again to remember it. 
Her Books: When Hitler Stole my Pink Rabbit, The Tiger who came to Tea, One Night in the Zoo

5 comments:

  1. I remember reading The Tiger who came to Tea when I was about 7 or 8... I think! Lovely children's book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I think I read it too when I was younger but I can't remember.
    I like it when authors have books for younger children and older children like Judith Kerr has.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not heard of these books, but I think I will have to see if they have them at the library. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah they'll probably be under the Children's section from about 8-12 probably.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, my daughter is at that reading level, so it's the perfect "excuse" to look into them! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*