Tuesday, 21 June 2011

A-Z Authors - Q, R

I found out about this through Phanee from funny wool and is hosted by Heather at Proud Book NerdI thought it looked quite fun so this month, I shall be doing a post every day (except Sundays) where I shall tell you about amazing authors that have surnames beginning with that letter. I hope you enjoy and tell me if you know any more with that letter and I'll add it to the post! Thanks.
NOTE: As I am doing my exams at the moment, I may miss days so shall combine letter together, I'll say if I do in the title - Thanks.
Here we go....

Okay Q is the hardest letter of the entire alphabet for both authors and just weird other reasons like you can't use it in Scrabble or Word Mole (obsessed with that game) without the U or it's grammatically wrong...and there are no words without its buddy, U. So I went to the library yesterday on a quest to find an author that I knew and found zilch. So, yeah. No-one. Again.

R

Rosie Rushton

Her books make me laugh so much. I have actually only read one of them, Love, Lies and Lizzie which is like a modernised spin-off of Pride and Prejudice and really put what happened in perspective for me and I understood (finally) what Jane Austen was talking about which was nice. Although, some things don't happen in the real thing, it is mostly similar to the original novel. 
It's writing in a nice style with not too complicated words but then not like a small child reading it with some hilarious and inviting characters within it. Like Mrs Bennet and Lydia...they made me laugh the most, much like they do for other people in Pride and Prejudice. I would recommend this one for anyone that loves Jane Austen's books or doesn't understand the story completely - this will help a lot.
Her Books: Secrets of Love (Sense and Sensibility), Love, Lies and Lizzie (Pride and Prejudice), Summer of Secrets (Northanger Abbey), Secret Schemes and Daring Dreams (Emma), Echoes of Love (Persuasion) 

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, these sound like they're right up my alley! I love Jane Austen, and these books sound like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*