Tuesday, 28 June 2011

A-Z Authors - V, W, X

I found out about this through Phanee from funny wool and is hosted by Heather at Proud Book NerdI thought it looked quite fun so this month, I shall be doing a post every day (except Sundays) where I shall tell you about amazing authors that have surnames beginning with that letter. I hope you enjoy and tell me if you know any more with that letter and I'll add it to the post! Thanks.
NOTE: As I am doing my exams at the moment, I may miss days so shall combine letter together, I'll say if I do in the title - Thanks.
Here we go....


V

Jenny Valentine


I don't remember much of her novels because I read them a few years ago but I remember that I liked them a lot and really enjoyed that way they were written and the humour and mystery she added to her books. They were also those kind of books where you read the blurb and are like 'Whoa, who's that...what happens in that?' and you read it only to find out. It's hard to explain but it's good. Read them!
Her Books: Broken Soup, Finding Violet Park, The Ant Colony, Me the Missing and the Dead



W

Rachael Wing


She is definitely one that not many people have heard about and I think her books have only been released in England and Germany. Rachael Wing was 14 when she wrote her first novel, Star-crossed which is based on Romeo and Juliet but much more funnier. She was 16 when it won a competition to be published. Since then, she wrote another book, Love Struck which is based on A Midsummer's Night Dream and I think she's only in her early 20's now. Although, the books are more for pre-teens, I still enjoy them a lot and I loved how she wrote the first book in the 2nd person which is something quite unusual really and makes it like you are Jen in the story. Have a look for her - she's great. 
Her Books: Star-crossed, Love Struck

X


I really don't know for this one...sorry!

2 comments:

  1. I would love to be published at 16! Except I don't have any book written .... awks. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm not sure what I'm gonna do for X, either! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*