Sunday, 18 September 2011

London Fashion Week

So I was in London this weekend. Nope, not because of London Fashion Week, but to see some friends of the family who were staying in London - we only found out about London Fashion Week a week ago.
So in homage to the fact that I felt so out of place everywhere with all these attractive girls tottering around in high heels with passes while I go along in jeans, we went to Somerset House, the beautiful gallery where they host London Fashion Week - in the rain and took some pictures.

Okay, no - I did not see Vivenne Westwood or Henry Holland or some other bizarre name, but I did see a lot of well dressed people and press which helped me learn about this world that I may enter in the future. THEY ALL LOOK AMAZING. Totally not fair and I felt even more out of place there.
The only famous person I saw was Gok Wan entering one of the venues in a rather bright red shirt which...didn't suit him. Oh and Carrie from a fashion blog I follow WishWishWish being photographed. If you see any photos (I am keeping a look out) of some boringly dressed girl in the background wearing a purple hat - that was me!

It's a lovely outside area and so peaceful with just everyone milling around, having conversations, taking photographs. There was a real feel of a buzz around the area and being the first time I've been there inside or  out for London Fashion Week, I am so glad I went. I can really see why they are the hottest tickets in town.








I got to pick up some free magazines/newspapers they were giving out about the Saturday day of London Fashion Week (seen below)




I didn't go to any of the shows or see anyone amazingly famous like Kate Moss but it was a lovely experience. 
In the fashion stakes, I got some shoes because my plain black ones are dead and have a mouth (sole is peeling away) I have named him Mr Shoe, and no-one has found Mr Shoe funny yet...I do though.


Above: Shows, £28, Urban Outfitters

2 comments:

  1. Awh that's so cool! I would love to go to London Fashion Week, it's always been a wish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I would love to go to a show as part of the week but it's been known as a week to avoid because there is so much congestion and partly because you feel so...out of place. I know I did.

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*