Tuesday, 20 September 2011

Tuesday Top Ten: Books I feel as though everyone has read BUT me

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish.


This week's theme is Books I feel as though everyone has read BUT me

1. The Twilight series - Stephanie Meyer - URGH, don't get me started. It has been nearly three years since the Twilight and vampire revolution took off and I have yet to read these series of books. WHY? Because I think the idea of having something like a vampire in a book is stupid and only popular because of Twilight. Twilight was around before the movies so why the sudden urge for some sparkly vampire to fall in love with? I am not sad I haven't read these books as I know the story anyway from those that have so I don't think you'll be seeing this book around here any time soon.  

2. The Hunger Games series - Suzanne Collins - This does anger me however. It's been around a year since the final book came out in these amazing series and now there is talk of a movie. I am yet to decide whether to see the movie then read or vice versa. 

3. The Uglies series - Scott Westerfeld - one of the oldest YA series going in the 21st Century - I know. But I just haven't seen them around in libraries etc. I can't help it...I can't...urgh. 

4. Where She Went - Gayle Forman - Like I say in most of these Top Ten thingy's - I SHALL READ IT AT SOME POINT SOON.

5. Jane - April Lindner - I have never seen this book. Ever. Not in the flesh, where is everyone gettting their copies (actually, I can guess that question). 

6. Divergent - Veronica Roth - Well, £10.99 for 300 pages - bit much so I'm waiting for it to come into the library. It looks absolutely amazing though, looking forward to reading it. 

7. Across the Universe - Beth Revis - I was one of the first bloggers to know about this and it always haunts me when I go in bookshops but because of my phobia of not buying books without knowing what they are going to be like in my opinion, I am yet to read this one. I think it's going to be a library one.

6 comments:

  1. Ah, I should have added Across the Universe to my list. Girl, you need to read The Hunger Games and Where She Went!!! I LOVED Where She Went...even more than If I Stay. I just got to see Gayle Forman this past weekend and she read from the part in If I Stay where Adam is pleading with her towards the end and put the headphones on her. BAH. TEARS.

    Here's my top ten books that I feel like everyone has read if you feel like moseying on over to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divergent was brilliant, in my opinion. I enjoyed it quite a lot. I'd also endorse reading The Hunger Games!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Divergent' is AMAZING, so I hope you'll get to read it soon. =)

    The Hunger Games books are just lovely and amazing; I would recommend checking them out before the movies so you don't have preconceived notions about the characters or what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie: Oh I'm glad, I was more worried that it wouldn't be as good and then I'd be bummed. Wow, you got to see her? I would love to meet her and get my books signed. I do have it, and I'll read it soon - promise!

    Alexa: Cool. Glad to hear it (I really really really do need to read the Hunger Games - it's embarrassing)

    Ashley: OKay, thanks for the heads up. I think I'll try and hunt them down in the library over xmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your not missing much with Twilight :-)

    The Hunger Games is brilliant, I definitely recommend it. Uglies is pretty good too. I found the first book easy to find in libraries but the other Pretties and Specials were quite hard to find, I had to go to several libraries before I found Pretties, and I only ever saw Specials when it was being sold because it was withdrawn from stock.

    I still need to get Where She Went.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you :) I can't wait to read those titles you mentioned. I am going to hunt them down somewhere! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*