Monday, 3 October 2011

Patrick Ness' Chaos Walking trilogy into a movie!?

Okay, so I'm casually going on to Patrick Ness' Diary because I do a lot to check if there's a signing in London for me and my crazy-obsessed-with-him-but-still-not-meet-him friend. AND THIS IS WHAT I FIND.



YES. I KNOW.

THE CHAOS WALKING SERIES (The Knife of Never Letting Go, The Ask and the Answer, Monsters of Men) are being made into movies but none less than the Hunger Games makers themselves.

Personally, I don't quite know what to think. This is great and whatever, but well, will it ruin the magic and danger of these books that a lot of us readers will love? Will it be absolutely amazing and we well all wonder why we worried? I DON'T KNOW WHETHER TO BE WORRIED OR HAPPY.

Anyway, well done Patrick Ness - they deserve this kind of recognition and I WILL be going to see all three movies regardless of if I agree with the making of them or not....Nice surprise for a boring Monday.


5 comments:

  1. I know what you mean... I haven't read these books, but with other books I love that have been made into movies I felt the same way as you! Excited, but worried...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read these books and I am terrified as well. I mean I have wayyyy too many questions. Just a few for example :Will we be a able to see noise? How much are they going to skip? Where are they shooting the movie?

    Not to mention cast. I'm not really worried about Todd and Viola but what about the Mayor? He seems like the hardest to pin down. I'd like to hear what you think the cast should be. Like if u were a producer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is going to very different from how we all imagine this series in our heads, I am very negative about this being make into a movie, especially with the setting and the Noise. Although, I guess this could be added afterwards or use CGI
    I think Viola and Todd need to be the right characters, I mean they're in 3 movies, we need to like them. The Mayor, I agree and the other creatures and characters we encounter too.
    It is going to be interesting how they go about this but I hope it is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has anyone thought of Ian Mackellan as the Mayor? He'd be terrifying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IloveChaos! IT walks:)12 February 2012 at 01:16

      Naaa. When I read the books, I've always pictured the Mayor bald. Can't Imagine why....

      Delete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*