Friday, 2 December 2011

British Books Challenge 2012

IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN!

Yes, it's the time where every book blogger considers what challenges to participate in and this year, again, I am going to take part in the British Books Challenge, this time hosted by the lovely Kirsty at The overflowing library.

This challenges aims you as many books by British authors as you can, something I find very easy as I live in the country.
I think this is a great challenge especially as sometimes people perhaps don't realise that some famous books are written by British people, they are mostly seen as by American authors.

If you would like to join yourself, have a looky here

Here are some books I am going to try and FINALLY read this year (links to Goodreads):
1. A Company of Swans - Eva Ibbotson
2. Magic Flutes - Eva Ibbotson
3. Velvet - Mary Hooper
4. The Killables - Gemma Malley
5. My Sister Lives on the Mantlepiece - Annabel Pitcher
6. A Monster Calls - Patrick Ness
7. Jane Austen Stole My Boyfriend - Cora Harrison 


Here are the completed books by British authors (links to reviews):
1. VIII - H.M.Castor
2. Vice and Virtue - Veronica Bennett
3. Enduring Love - Ian McEwan
4. One Dog and his Boy - Eva Ibbotson
5. The Lady in the Tower - Marie-Louise Jensen
6. Shadow Web - N.M.Browne
7. The 39 Steps - John Buchan
8. Adorkable - Sarra Manning
9. Frankenstein - Mary Shelley
10. Debutantes - Cora Harrison
11. Rebecca - Daphne Du Maurier
12. Emma Hearts LA - Keris Stainton
13. Breathe - Sarah Crossan
14. Jane Austen Stole My Boyfriend - Cora Harrison
15. Undone - Cat Clarke
16. The Girl in the Mask - Marie-Louise Jensen



2 comments:

  1. oooh Velvet is awesome. Thank you for signing up to the British Books Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good, I really want to read it :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*