Tuesday, 13 December 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Gifts I want to give as presents

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish.


This week's topic is Gifts I would love to give the people I know as presents

1. Wonders of the Universe - Brian Cox - This was a space series about how the world works on BBC over the last couple of years and was a huge hit over here. My friend absolutely loves this series and she has the other book Wonders of the Solar System so it would be great to get her this to complete the collection. 

2. The whole Princess Diaries series- Meg Cabot - Nessie, Nessie, Nessie. She's all I think about when I think of Meg Cabot as she LOVES her as much as I do. So, Nessie, this is your virtual Christmas present :) 

3. Sarah Dessen books - on the blogging friends note, this would be for Amy. She loves a lot of the books I like, especially the romantic contemporary ones YET she has not experienced the wonder that is Sarah Dessen (as far as I know) so this is her virtual Christmas present - my favourite Sarah Dessen, The Truth About Forever. 

4. A signed Patrick Ness book - when I met Patrick Ness a couple of years ago, my friend Tijana desperately wanted to come with us but alas, she was away when we went to meet him so she now has a book that simply says 'Sorry I couldn't meet you! Patrick Ness' which is a little bit sad I think anyway.
Anyway, I would give (if I could) a signed Patrick Ness book with the man himself giving it to her. Wow, that is one ideas I hadn't thought of until now...

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh, Thank you so much! :)
    I actually WILL buy The Truth About Forever after Christmas; I need to save my money for presents before it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Amy: This isn't quite the same, but if you find the time, you could have a look at this link: http://www.scribd.com/doc/73876840/Sarah-Dessen-What-Happened-to-Goodbye

    @Rebecca: That is so sweet! I really miss my collection of Cabots from home right now. Especially the tenth book... Sometimes when life serves you lemons, you should pick up the right book to put your mind off it, after all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only book I have read by Meg Cabot is Abandon, from her new paranormal series. I have to check out her older books as well.

    My TTT post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy: YES do! The link Nessie sent you is for Sarah Dessen's newest book, which I am yet to read. I'll let you know about when I do. Another recommendation is 'Just Listen', especially as you're into music.

    Nessie: it's alright. I know, I do too sometimes, I don't have the full series. You could try the library maybe? There must be one in Norwich.

    Nimue: I haven't read that one yet but I've heard its good. The Princess Diaries series and Teen Idol are some of Meg Cabot's best I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TIJANATIJANATIJANA17 December 2011 at 20:04

    Haha aww, but it's okay becuase we made up for it by going to the Malorie Blackman signing instead. Speaking of which, we should have a look at which authors have been coming to London for events recently - I know there was something going on at Somerset House.

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*