Tuesday, 20 December 2011

Tuesday Top Ten: Books for Santa to bring (or my parents to buy)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish.


This week's topic is Books that I wish for Santa to bring

1. Jane Austen Stole My Boyfriend - Cora Harrison - I have been waiting for months after reading the last book I was Jane Austen's Best Friend - I think I deserve a chance to read the sequel where apparently, I am told, exciting things happen...

2. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour - Morgan Matson - Yes, I am the only YA blogger not to have read this yet...

3. Will Grayson, Will Grayson - John Green - Another to add to the John Green collection. So looking forward to this one. 

4. Hunger Games trilogy - Suzanne Collins - I've read the first in the series, but I thought as my mother was pestering for a Xmas list, that, instead of pestering also my friends to lend me copies, why not knock two birds with one stone and get my mother to buy it for me?! 

5. Velvet - Mary Hooper - Been waiting for months for Christmas so I can put this one my Christmas list...

6. Anne Frank Remembered - Miep Gies - I saw this when I was looking for my Prizegiving books and thought it sounded so interesting, especially as I love The Diary of Anne Frank

7. An Abundance of Katherines - John Green - again, to add to the whole John Green collection. 

8. My Sister Lives on the Mantelpiece - Annabel Pitcher - I wasn't sure about this book when it first came out but at the bookstore I work at, it's recommended and popular so I think I might give it a go. 

3 comments:

  1. Nice list! The Hunger Games series is great! Catching Fire is my favorite. I have not read anything by John Green yet.

    My Top Ten
    http://areaderintime.blogspot.com/2011/12/top-ten-books-i-hope-santa-will-bring.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't go wrong with John Green! If it makes you feel better I am the only YA blogger who hasn't read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and The Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Amy & Roger is very cute and a quick read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susanne: Oh good, I've heard they are all amazing. Read John Green, he is a great, funny author.

    Rocky: Not the only YA blogger, I haven't read those either, they're not published in England yet I think so I have no access to them :(
    Good, I've heard it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*