Sunday, 15 January 2012

On My Bookshelf (13)

This meme is inspired by the similar meme, 'In My Mailbox' created by The Story Siren  (I don't have a Mailbox...)

Quite a big few weeks of books actually...I cannot complain!

Bought: 

Enduring Love by Ian McEwan - for English Literature class

My Sister Lives On the Mantelpiece by Annabel Pitcher - in the Waterstone's sale; I have been wanting to read this for so long. 

The Radleys by Matt Haig - Again, I have been intrigued to read this for a while. It will be my first paranormal book actually...

AND... *DRUMROLL*


The Fault In Our Stars by John Green - I was given the heads up about him signing the first 150K copies for Waterstone's by a friend who works there also. When I went in yesterday, I saw it and kind of swooped over to the shelf and grabbed one in a crazy rush. People did look at me weirdly...
So, it is also signed. And as I looked at all the books on the shelf to see which was in the best condition (I know I'm not the only one), I noticed that this was the only copy that the signature was in purple ink. 

His pen must have run out...

Borrowed: 
Vice & Virtue by Veronica Bennett - this was borrowed from my local library but I had heard about it before on Goodreads. This is Veronica Bennett's latest book and having read one of hers before, Cassandra's Sister, this should be good.

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan - I have desperate to read this for AGES. But I could never find a copy, due to it another one of those books that I only saw in America (grrr.) Anyway, talking to my friend (Yes, you Emma!), I don't think she quite realised my wanting to read this book so when she produced it from her bag, I kind of shouted at her desperately 'I will be your best friend if you let me borrow that' or something like that...oh dear. 




That's it! What books did you receive this week? 





2 comments:

  1. Oooh all of those books look great! Especially the John Green one! I hope you enjoy what you got!

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great set! So cool that you got the John Green book. Seems like everyone did.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*