Sunday, 4 March 2012

On My Bookshelf (16)

This meme is inspired by the similar meme, 'In My Mailbox' created by The Story Siren  (I don't have a Mailbox...)

On Monday, there was a broken down train so I couldn't get to college until later. So what did I do?
I went to Starbucks with friends and then went next door to Waterstones to buy books!

Bought:

Divergent by Veronica Roth - this is the new UK paperback and a very last minute purchase as I picked it up as I was heading to tills. I mean £4.99 for a book of this size - very good! I've heard it's a great book so I thought it was worth a shot. 
The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson - this was the book I went into the bookshop for in the first place. As I mentioned here, they are doing special £1 editions to honour World Book Day. £1? I'm there. 


What books did you get this week? 

7 comments:

  1. WOW! That cover of Divergent is SO different from the US one! Enjoy! I have it on my bookshelf as well but haven't had a chance to read it yet...

    Here is my IMM

    Happy Reading!
    Lindsay @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great set! I'm so excited to read Name of the Star. Enjoy!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Divergent really is a fantastic book, I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did! The Name of the Star looks fantastic, I'm really eager to read that one! Great picks!

    Stephanie
    Follow back/Check out my latest post @ Stepping Out of the Page

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-) What a great breakdown?! :-) Great choices! Enjoy!!! -Burgandy Ice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... my links not working for some reason... my IMM is here: http://www.burgandyice.blogspot.com/2012/03/in-my-sunday-mailbox.html

      Delete
  5. i love seeing the different covers. i enjoyed divergent a lot. haven't read name of the star yet but want to. hope you like your new goodies!

    my imm

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*