Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Tuesday Top Ten: Favourite Book Covers

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish. 


This week's theme is my favourite book covers, and THERE ARE A FEW. So this may just be rambling on about how pretty books are in general because I ALWAYS judge a book by it's cover - just a warning before we start.  


*Some of the covers may be different to others as I live in the UK*


 The Lover's Dictionary - David Levithan


This is the hardcover version and I don't know why but I love it.
It was what drew me towards the book, I liked the italic writing, the way it is arranged into a heart and the 'V''s being in a different colour.
It is such a simple cover but did it for me.
 Wither - Lauren DeStefano


Let's face it, this is going to be on most of these posts. But it is so beautiful.

What I like about it is that although some covers have pictures and colours that vaguely relate to the book, all the aspects of this cover make sense and relate utterly to the novel.
The subtle circles to highlight the main things - the dress, face, ring, birdcage. Knowing the story now, I think this is so clever and how all book covers should be really.
 The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky


I must admit, this cover has no correlation to the events in the book. But I love this cover anyhow!
This is again the reason I wanted to read the  book (see a theme?). And it shows the style of the book - modern, quirky, indie.
I guess I liked the pink and black contrast that looked like someone just wrote it on there a minute ago. The pictures creep me out a bit though...


 The 10pm Question - Kate De Goldi


Not the best book I have ever read but again, the appeal for me to read this book came from the cover.
The book is set in New Zealand and knowing that, you can see that in the bird.
It's just such a nice original cover that works with the book itself.
And it's a preeetty bird...



The Luxe - Anna Godbersen


How could I not include this?! The Luxe series features some BEAUTIFUL DRESSES that had me lusting over them and wishing I could wear a dress like that. My favourite has to be RUMOURS - that red is such a lovely colour. LUXE comes closely behind. Ah! Amazing!




The Selection - Kiera Cass


I do not own or have read this book but it keeps popping up on the blogosphere and on Goodreads. HAVE YOU SEEN THAT DRESS? HAVE YOU SEEN THAT COVER? IT IS GORGEOUS. 


I want this book, just merely to lust over the cover. Don't judge a book by it's cover? THAT is out of the window right now.

2 comments:

  1. Wither has been on a lot of the blogs I have visited so far; including my own. I think it's gorgeous! Great picks; new follower; feel free to stop by my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love The Lover's Dictionary. Its so beautiful:)Wither are also very good:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*