Thursday, 21 June 2012

I have something to admit.

I have something to admit.
No, I'm not pregnant.
Neither am I moving to a wilderness with no internet access. EVER AGAIN.
And I'm not starting the plagiarism issue again.

But, I AM finding blogging a tad taxing at the moment.
What do you mean?! I hear you cry. I mean, that I'm just not a big blogging mood or mindset at the moment. The idea of writing a review doesn't thrill me any more (even the comments do - love them!). Yes, getting books with the nice excuse that I am a 'book blogger' is still nice, but now I feel I have changed my reading habits completely. UTTERLY.

Before, I would discover new books and authors in the wonderful land of the library. I have 3 in good distances from my house and work so it's not like I have no excuse to visit them. Two of my libraries are also made of amazingness because they actually update the Teen section regularly with newly released books so, as I receive not many no ARCs or proof copies, this is the only and best vehicle for me to read the books EVERYONE (everyone meaning the blogosphere. If I meant, 'everyone', I would be rushing for 50 Shades of Grey right now...I'm not, for the record) is talking about.
So, with that in mind, when I visit the library, I don't ponder over the older books there at all, unless I have heard good things about them. Like Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. When the new covers were released recently and some started appearing on the blogosphere, it gave me the motivation and want to read it after years of staring at the cover.

The other annoying thing is my life. I am a 17 year-old student entering the last year of college (or high-school) where I will essay-write, stress and take exams like my life depends on it for one whole year. This time next year, I will know what university I will probably be going to. This time next year I will be done with A levels and preparing for degree-level and ultimately, moving away from my childhood home. Scary, and rather stressful stuff.
So where am I getting with this? Well, our lives are uncontrollably busy. No-one can deny that. For those that are thinking of, I have college everyday during the week. I leave the house at 7:45am and enter back in it  at 5pm where I have around an hour or two to do any homework before I collapse from exhaustion on the settee after dinner. My weekends? My social life is non-existent and the little part I do have I have to fit around everything else happening. I plan things like going out for dinner with friends, at least two weeks ahead.
An example weekend? This Saturday, I am visiting a university all day which is a 2 hour drive from my house. And then on Sunday, I am working until 5.30pm when I come home again exhausted to start another exhausting week. OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

I have no problem with this at all. I like being busy and these things I enjoy doing and want to do so I'm not complaining, just illustrating the fullness of my weeks, months on end.
This is why blogging has gone down hill, especially with doing more independent work for the A levels.

I have no motivation to write reviews at the moment because I am thinking of around a million other things I have to do in the next few weeks of college until the summer while massaging my back as I've been lurched over a computer all day. I would suggest a time off period like for the exams but a) I would not stick to it and b) it would just keep extending and extending until I would never appear again.

I want to keep the blog, there is no doubt about it. It has helped me so much and the prospect of having a little more freedom with it once I'm in university is so exciting.
It's just I don't see how blogging is going to fit into my life over the next year. At all. When did it all become so much?

So. I guess this is an apology for the lack of reviews. You'll get them eventually. Maybe.

*trungles off to do Media coursework while eating and watching TV (a skill I assure you)*

9 comments:

  1. No worries, Rebecca, I completely understand. I had the biggest trouble trying to keep my blog afloat in my first year at uni as you might have noticed. It's not easy to balance all of the things we are expected to do, and those we want to do. I think it's better you leave blogging for a while, and focus on the other things - you can always return to blogging when ever you like. I'll be waiting here patiently for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You!
      I'm still deciding what to do but your advice has been taken on board, I assure you. There is just so much happening that blogging being a daily hobby may have to be a once in a while hobby.

      Delete
    2. That's okay too. Don't feel pressured into having a book blog either, just because one day in the past you made that decision. It's your place, you choose what to do with it, when to write, what about, or not at all.

      Delete
    3. Thank you Nessie, I really appreciate your thoughts! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, I feel like I'm in the same boat, minus the busy part... which kind of means we're not really in the same boat. I think I've just haven't had the passion for it for a while now.. and definitely a lack of motivation to write reviews. Anyway, I think blogging as a once in a while hobby is lovely too :) Good luck with your business!

    And it's SO weird when you call high school 'college' hehe :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks.
      I guess it as a hobby is good too - it sort of is now but more frequent. I guess I just don't want to stop doing something and then ruin a great chance to do something amazing like an event or whatever.
      Thank you, I shall with my business ;)

      Haha, a very 'English' thing I guess.I never understood high school until a few years ago. But then I watch/read/listen to many American movies/TV shows/books/music that I'm used to it :) It's funny the different words.

      Delete
  3. You know, I didn't even realized I wrote business. I mean, obviously, not business, but busy-ness haha XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean! I've slipped into a blogging slump a few times since I started, where blogging felt like a chore.

    I'm in year 10, and wondering how on Earth I'm going to keep up blogging this time next year, when there will be 82374928742938 exams to revise for... Nevermind getting to college, as you are, and revising for A-Levels.

    Have fun with that media work, Rebecca. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In some ways, from what I've heard and seen, a lot of people do at some point as it is true, everyone has a busier life these days.

      See, I'm in Year 12 and started this blog in Year 10, because for me, I had lots of spare time and liked the idea of a blog. When I was in Year 11, I didn't stop blogging as such but cut down on the posts I did. What you should do is keep doing the memes even if you don't have time to read. Believe me you will have much more time when doing the GCSE's then throughout the whole of the two years at college. Not to scare you of course, but just appreciate the GCSE's because they are hard, but looking back now for me, they were so easy.
      If you want any help or more advice, let me know - I totally know what it's like in your boat right now :)

      Delete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*