Wednesday, 1 August 2012

Looking back at JULY

Previous months: 
February
March
April 

May

June

Ah, it's August already?! July was a pretty busy month - not as busy as May or June were though. I finished my first year at college and next month, I'm entering the last year of being in a 'school' with the next year is full of university applications, coursework and A2 exams. It's going to be more stressful to say the least.
Also, at the beginning of July I won an award at my college for my work in Media this year which was amazing, especially as it's the subject I want to do at university.
So, now I'm on my summer holidays, in week 4 at the moment, and it seems all I've been doing is reading and watching TV with the Olympics in my home city. As I type this, I'm watching the Rowing and the GB just won a Gold which is absolutely amazing. The Olympics is the best way to gain some patriotic feeling for your country!

On the university front, I've visited Oxford Brookes, which is on the outskirts of Oxford. It's so lovely there and they're modernising part of it which would be open when I go there. I went there on a warm summer's day and it made it look so great. Ah, this is going to be such a hard choice when the time comes!

In the world of blogging, I've now reached 95 followers which I can't begin to tell you, how happy I am and some of the comments I receive really makes me so proud to be doing blogging and how happy I am that I've stuck with it. Thank YOU.


Reviews:

I also read Frankenstein by Mary Shelley for college which I have to admit wasn't too bad. It was very different to what I thought the book would be like such as Frankenstein isn't the name of the monster but of the creator. If you do read it, please let me know if you agree that Victor Frankenstein is the more annoying, dramatic and SO WIMPY character you have ever read about. Urgh.
I also read FINALLY Sarah Dessen's What Happened to Goodbye and there is a mini-review in the process of being written which I'll add to next month's 'Looking back'. Such an amazing book again by Miss Dessen, just so good and addictive. 


Memes:
Top Ten Tuesday: Books for Sarah Dessen fans
Top Ten Tuesday: Books I HAD to buy but yet to read

On My Bookshelf (22)
On My Bookshelf (23)
On My Bookshelf (24)
On My Bookshelf (25)


Author Interviews:
S.R. Johannes, author of Untraceable
Lisa.M. Stasse, author of The Forsaken


Other: 
Update


ALSO.
This month I was featured two posts by some lovely bloggers. Have a look, perhaps leave a comment on your own opinion. Thank you again to you both!

- Interview on Fluttering Butterflies for a feature, Awesome Women, on role models.
- A mention in Think Mystique in her review for Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*