Thursday, 16 August 2012

Words cannot fathom my bewilderment.

Hello! I hope everyone is well.

The last few days have been a whirlwind, especially this morning. This post is just a little update on what's been going on!


  • So. This morning. If you follow me on Twitter (@rebeccabooks), you may have seen my frantic tweets and counting down to the results of my AS level exams that I took in May. If you are an older follower, you would have also been subjected to my rants and worrying tweets/posts on how badly I thought I would do and subsequently, my lack of blogging. But it's cool! It turned out alright in the end. 
  • After the grand total of 4 hours sleep as I awoke worrying and feeling violently sick, I decided to, what the heck, just check the results at the designated time they would appear: 6am. So yeah I've been up since 5. I was shocked. Actually, I still am. I cannot believe what I found there this morning (by the way, we use the internet to see our results). 
        • Classics: A - While telling my mother I would be happy to get a C in Classics, a subject I have grown to despise, hate and just generally have no interest in since getting a D in January, I was faced with coming out with my ordeal of the subject with no less than...an A. I GOT AN A IN CLASSICS. I hate Classics. I'm dropping it in September. I never listened. And I got a flipping A. Words cannot fathom my bewilderment. 
        • Media Studies: A - I love Media, it is what I want to do in university. But the fact I didn't finish the paper, didn't understand the unseen text and came out the exam on the verge of tears, I somehow managed, oh you know, 97/100! Don't ask me where those marks sprang from. 
        • History: B - Meh, I expected this even if in the exam the source didn't even say what the question was asking. Also, sorry anyone that is religious, but because of the history option I chose (Tudors), I am going to be an atheist by the end of the year with the amount of religious history I'm learning this year. Urgh. I hated RS. 
        • English Literature: B - being a book blogger, I think it would have been awkward and embarrassing to get a bad grade in this. I had one of the worst teachers, did one of the worst books I have ever read (don't make me start my Enduring Love rant again) and I left with my fellow English students feeling something dark at the pit of my stomach - no-one thought they did okay. But securing a B-nearly-A - I literally and totally do not understand how I got that. At all. I am beyond surprised.


  • The only other news really is that I won't be posting or around the next week and a bit. I have scheduled some posts one post. And hopefully I'll write a review today. If I do get a chance, I'll have a look at your comments, but I may not reply! Thank you anyway, keep hanging in there and have a lovely summer - or what's left of it. I'll see you when I get back. 

6 comments:

  1. Huge congratulations, Rebecca! You deserve all these wonderful grades!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! I did history at a-level, (and then for my degree) and I was totally fed up with the whole religion-switching side of the tudors by the end of it! I feel your pain. But super-well done! All the worrying has been worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You!
      I know, and the whole course being about that too...I just think it's going to be incredibly boring. Haha, yeah. All the pain, tears and worrying has been very worth it :)

      Delete
  3. Well done, these are excellent grades in prep for uni applications, you really have very little to worry about, considering you pull these amazing grades out of what -to you- feels like exams that might have gone awry!

    While I understand that studying religion might make you sick if you do any more of that, I'm just wondering how it relates to considering yourself an atheist - purely because I don't see how it would challenge your existing convictions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you Nessie, that's lovely. The whole experience of the next year is a bit - very - daunting. But then, if other people have gone to a university of their choice, then so can I.

      I see your point, it was merely a passing comment a friend made that I agreed with. I have no opinion of God or other beliefs people have. It doesn't matter what someone's religion is to me or if they believe in a God or not.
      The thing is that the topics we are doing all look negatively at the church throughout history and although it is history from centuries ago, I have a feeling it may challenge or make me take a second look at my opinions on the church itself which I think is also a part of believing in something or not. If I thought of the church negatively, then I think you can hardly believe in what that church is promoting, if you understand what you mean.

      We'll see, thanks again! :)

      Delete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*