The last few days have been a whirlwind, especially this morning. This post is just a little update on what's been going on!
- So. This morning. If you follow me on Twitter (@rebeccabooks), you may have seen my frantic tweets and counting down to the results of my AS level exams that I took in May. If you are an older follower, you would have also been subjected to my rants and worrying tweets/posts on how badly I thought I would do and subsequently, my lack of blogging. But it's cool! It turned out alright in the end.
- After the grand total of 4 hours sleep as I awoke worrying and feeling violently sick, I decided to, what the heck, just check the results at the designated time they would appear: 6am. So yeah I've been up since 5. I was shocked. Actually, I still am. I cannot believe what I found there this morning (by the way, we use the internet to see our results).
- Classics: A - While telling my mother I would be happy to get a C in Classics, a subject I have grown to despise, hate and just generally have no interest in since getting a D in January, I was faced with coming out with my ordeal of the subject with no less than...an A. I GOT AN A IN CLASSICS. I hate Classics. I'm dropping it in September. I never listened. And I got a flipping A. Words cannot fathom my bewilderment.
- Media Studies: A - I love Media, it is what I want to do in university. But the fact I didn't finish the paper, didn't understand the unseen text and came out the exam on the verge of tears, I somehow managed, oh you know, 97/100! Don't ask me where those marks sprang from.
- History: B - Meh, I expected this even if in the exam the source didn't even say what the question was asking. Also, sorry anyone that is religious, but because of the history option I chose (Tudors), I am going to be an atheist by the end of the year with the amount of religious history I'm learning this year. Urgh. I hated RS.
- English Literature: B - being a book blogger, I think it would have been awkward and embarrassing to get a bad grade in this. I had one of the worst teachers, did one of the worst books I have ever read (don't make me start my Enduring Love rant again) and I left with my fellow English students feeling something dark at the pit of my stomach - no-one thought they did okay. But securing a B-nearly-A - I literally and totally do not understand how I got that. At all. I am beyond surprised.
- The only other news really is that I won't be posting or around the next week and a bit. I have scheduled
some postsone post. And hopefully I'll write a review today. If I do get a chance, I'll have a look at your comments, but I may not reply! Thank you anyway, keep hanging in there and have a lovely summer - or what's left of it. I'll see you when I get back.