Sunday, 7 October 2012

On My Bookshelf (29)

This meme for originally inspired by 'In My Mailbox' created by The Story Siren
Other versions are:
Letterbox Love created by Narratively Speaking
Stacking the Shelves created by Tynga's reviews
Showcase Sunday created by Books, Biscuits and Tea

I haven't received any physical books this week but I have had a lot of books approved on Netgalley (which is very nice) so I thought I'd showcase what's hanging around on my Kindle recently waiting for me to remember they are on there.


Netgalley:

- Speechless by Hannah Harrington - I read Saving June (review) last year and loved Harrington's writing a lot, she really caught the feeling of being on a road trip. When I discovered she had written another book, I wanted to read it straight away. This sounds incredibly interesting, something I'm looking forward to reading soon. And has had such great reviews!

- The Madness Underneath (#2) by Maureen Johnson - Any book blogger should know of Maureen Johnson and her witty tweets (and books). She is a constantly feature on my Twitter feed. This is actually the second book in the Shades of London series. The first is The Name of the Star which I do own a copy of - but haven't read it. Johnson is one of my favourite people on the internet and I liked the first book I read by her, 13 Little Blue Envelopes (review), so looking forward to this one. This is for a read around Halloween methinks. 

- Dante's Girl by Courtney Cole - This is going to be a holiday read eventually for sure. Or when I just need some light reading. Although I'm cringing at the cover right now, I have to admit this sounded interesting and I've seen some lovely reviews for it. 

- Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls by Tellulah Darling - The title made me laugh so much when I saw it on Netgalley. It sounds like a lovely, funny read so I thought I'd give it a go really. 



Have you read any of these books? What did you think of them? Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I've had a couple of NetGalley's approved too! I love that system, so many great reads. The Speechless cover is AMAZING and I might have to check out The Madness Underneath as well.

    Here's mine: http://www.totallybooked.co.uk/2012/10/in-my-mailbox-2.html

    New follower.

    Libby x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm really looking forward to reading Speechless, sounds interesting. Yeah, I'm planning it as a little Halloween read.
      Oh thank you! I'll check it out :)

      Delete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*