Monday, 5 November 2012

From Rome with Love

 I know I posted my 'pledge' to the blog and you guys outlining how the blog will be run due to my own personal life. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, please have a look here, I would appreciate you reading it.
Anyway, THAT was 11 days ago. So yeah, when I said you would see me again in 2 weeks, I was pretty spot on (that was a guess actually!).

My lack of posting in the last few weeks has mostly been due to the fact I've been in Rome for the last few days as I'm on half term. I came back last night (in time for the last Downton Abbey episode, naturally) and I have a day off today which has kind of turned into a homework day.

I have a post being written at the moment for my review of Perks of Being a Wallflower (yes I read that a while ago...) and I have the 'Looking back' post for October to still do. I also finished Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro while I was in Rome. Such a beautiful book, so lovely. I now need to hunt down the film. Let me know if you've seen the movie or read the book and what you thought!

I shall leave you with some pictures of Rome and of me being a tourist with sunglasses.

Trevi Fountain

This is like a monument for the unification of Italy but apparently a lot of
Italians dislike it because it's like a stones throw from some ancient ruins
so it's known as the 'Wedding Cake' and conveniently not in guide books...
St Peter's Basilica in Vatican City aka where the Pope lives

The Roman Forum. Yes I was fangirling because I knew a lot about the ruins there
from doing Classics AS and reading The Roman Mysteries series by Caroline
Lawrence...
I think we all know what this is...

I look like such a tourist, it's horrible. 

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh it looks like it was lovely - don't worry, it's good to be a tourist! Just like my strawberry hill house one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You're posting again! Missed your posts!
    Rome looks so pretty! Hope you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*