Monday, 17 February 2014

Happy 4th Anniversary!

This is something I never thought I would be saying four years ago when I created this blog, so it's incredibly surreal to be celebrating my fourth anniversary. If I think back to this time four years ago, I was going through quite a difficult time, in Year 10 barely 15 years old feeling incredibly isolated by those around me because of my love for books.
Now?
Currently, I sit in my university halls bedroom with my flatmates watching Top Gear in the next room who in merely a few months have become my closest friends. I sit surrounded by books on every available surface in my room. I am at university studying a course which without my love for books, my dedication to my blog and without choosing Media Studies at A level, I would never have gotten in this position probably. It's weird thinking of how much has changed in the last four years both personally and on my blog.

This blog has seen many ups and downs and I know that in the long run, I probably will not be able to sustain it. But I hope I'm showing how much I am trying to make it work, but it's hard. It's hard to find time to read nowadays in our busy, busy lives let alone blog. This blog has seen me through GCSE's, A levels and now, a university degree. Probably if I had more time, I would have a more substantial blog with more followers, more dynamic posts and more of better posts. But I'm happy as it is. And the blogging world and my blog itself has opened up a number of opportunities that would have not have been discovered otherwise.

I want to thank all the people who have helped and supported me throughout the four years I have been rattling on, on here - both those I have never met and those who are continually in my life day by day.
The blogging community is continually under threat and the representation of bloggers have both become more normal in society now as well as deteriorated it in some ways. However, the book blogging community continues to be absolutely amazing and there are some really lovely people around the world that come together to discuss and fangirl and chat and scream and express anything and everything about books. Without any of you, I would never have let my love for books become external and without you, I would not be where I am now. You've taught me a lot.

You guys know who you are, but I specifically want to thank Lucy (Queen of Contemporary), Zoe (Bookhi), Clover (Fluttering Butterflies), Emma (Never Judge A Book By Its Cover), all of whom I have known for a long time and are continually wonderful people I have had the chance to come across. 

I wanted to do something to celebrate and that is happening. I have a few things up my sleeve! But that will happen in a few weeks when I have a bit more time to plan, I think I owe you all a little celebration.

Thank you all once again and let's look forward to the fifth year of Rebecca-Books!

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS - Rebecca. *big hugs* Thank you so much for the mention. You have been there for me when I started especially starting off our jobs in book assistants... I bet you miss it sometimes. :) I hope Uni is going well for you. Its been a long time since I've talked to you. Any who all the best for 2014 for Rebecca-Books. I'll look forward to another year of fangirling and reviewing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on four years, Rebecca! It's such a huge achievement. I hope I'm still blogging after four years.
    Thank you for the mention! You are also wonderful and have come to think of you as a good friend; it's been a pleasure to get to know you in the year or two we've known each other.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated blogoversary! I understand how hectic life becomes and how we often don't find time to blog but when you do post, your posts and reviews are always fantastic! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*