Sunday, 23 February 2014

On My Bookshelf (44)

This meme for originally inspired by 'In My Mailbox' created by The Story Siren
Other versions are:
Letterbox Love created by Narratively Speaking
Stacking the Shelves created by Tynga's reviews
Showcase Sunday created by Books, Biscuits and Tea

In the last few weeks it's been incredibly hectic with many, many assignments, going home, my birthday and then more work...a lot has been going on! So here are some of the books I have acquired over the last few weeks (since November which was the last time I did one of these...).


Gifted:
My parents and friends pretty much know that books are a safe bet when buying presents for me. I received A Face Like Glass by Frances Hardinge and Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed from my parents and friend, Emma. She said that the latter book is so inspirational and so brilliant, she wanted to share it with me.
I asked and got for my birthday Dissolution by C.J.Sansom, Mr Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan and Cress by Marissa Meyer. Dissolution is particularly special as I was recommended repeatedly by an elderly gentleman that always used to come in at the Waterstones bookstore I used to work at. Looking forward to all of these!


Bought:
I bought Every day by David Levithan because well, I think he is a genius and well, I had a discount. I felt like I HAD to buy Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell when I saw all the raving reviews on the blogosphere from some of my favourite bloggers and as I loved Eleanor and Park also by this author. It sounds amazing!


Related Reviews:


What did you get this week? Have you read any of these books?




2 comments:

  1. I love Every Day and Fangirl! I'm sure you'll enjoy them! :)

    Great post xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished Cress and GAH it's amazing! Fangirl and Every Day are incredible as well. Fab haul this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*