Monday, 3 February 2014

Welcome to a new 'Rebecca-Books'...

Hello, I am back from the deep clutches of university essays, academic journals and copious amounts of coffee. It's been a bit tough but it's all over now and I want to focus more on the things I was doing before I went to university, like my blog.

I suddenly came to the realisation that I'm going to be entering my last year of adolescence on 6th February, when I turn 19. Which is both really great and really scary. I started this blog when I turned 15, so yep, you do the maths. This blog is 4 years old on 17th February! 
I'm kind of both surprising and incredibly proud that I was able to keep this blog running on and off for the last four years. It's been difficult as I've had to juggle GCSE's, A levels and university amongst blogging, but I'm still here and active.

To celebrate my four years of blogging, I am going to re-invent this blog because let's face the facts, it certainly needs it. And that's when I need your help! Please tell me your thoughts about the blog in the comments below, I have a thick skin so please be honest (although not rude or mean). I want to really improve this blog particularly for those that have followed for a long time and for those bloggers that are my friends (you know who you are).
As you can see, I'm changed my design thanks to the help of my friend Cecilia, who drew the picture (she's amazing at art and graphics) and my flatmate, Matt, who put the header together on Photoshop and generally told me bluntly that he thought of my old design.

I'm not entirely sure what I'll be doing specifically for my blogoversary (any suggestions would be appreciated!) but it'll probably be a week of me bombarding you with posts about books and blogging. I may need some help from anyone that would like to guest post, so please let me know if you want to get involved. 
I know for sure that I'm going to do a giveaway...YES FINALLY A GIVEAWAY ON REBECCA-BOOKS. It's taken me 4 years to work up to that...


Anyway, basically I'm back and I have a review, a personal post and a new 'On My Bookshelf' coming up in the next week or so, in between birthday things. It's good to be back!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back Rebecca! Congrats on your 4 year blogoversary, I'm looking froward to your new posts :D

    Erika xo
    www.theredbookmark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new design is GORGEOUS! I really, really love it! I love your blog so much, Rebecca. I love your reviews and discussions and book hauls.
    I'll read whatever you post! Don't worry about it!

    Can't wait to read your upcoming posts, Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Welcome back! :D I am very excited for the "new Rebecca-Books" and I love your new design. Congrats on blogging for four years.. wow! You've done so well to juggle reading and blogging and exams. I'm looking forward to your new posts. I'll read whatever you share though, I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments can, most of the time, make my day. Write anything, be it your comment on my post, if you agree or disagree or if you want to ask something - I check them most days. So go ahead, write something! :)

*I have removed the option of anonymous commenters because I was having trouble with spam. Sorry for the inconvenience.*